Join the Dementia Action Alliance as a local member
Are you a business, organisation, charity or school that would like to make a public ongoing commitment to improving the lives of people with dementia?
You can become a member by signing up to the National Dementia Declaration and submitting a short action plan setting out how you intend to deliver the outcomes described in the Declaration. This plan is then published on the DAA website.
You will need to add 3 actions to the plan. Below are a few examples, but there are many other possibilities. If you would like help with deciding your actions, or with any other aspect of membership, please contact us.
Examples of actions:
- Make people within your organisation Dementia Friends (click here to book free sessions;) or Dementia Champions so they can run internal Dementia Friend sessions
- Make small alterations to your premises (see our premises checklist for guidance)
- Think about making changes to processes or procedures within your organisation – e.g. telephone appointment systems.
- Work towards implementing suggestions within a particular dementia friendly code such as financial or housing codes.
- Name something specific within your organisation that already helps people living with dementia
- Support the B&NES DAA, help spread the word and get other organisations involved
Click below to join the DAA and help make B&NES dementia friendly.