It is important to ensure that you keep your actions updated. There are many actions you can list as part of your ongoing pledge to become more dementia friendly. We have listed a few examples of actions below to help you.
Examples of potential actions
- Make people within the organisation dementia friends
- Make people within the organisation Dementia Champions so they can carry out internal Dementia Friend sessions.
- Support the B&NES DAA and help spread the word and get other organisations involved .
- Make small alterations to your premises (see premises checklist for help and guidance )
- Do something specific within your organisation to help people living with dementia for example you might already be offering a great service so tell the public about this.
- Work towards implementing suggestions within a particular dementia friendly code such as financial or housing codes.
- Think about making changes to processes or procedures within the organisation eg telephone appointment systems.
If you would like help or advice on the types of actions you might want to add please contact us. Existing members can login below.